Landmark Group (www.landmarkgroup.com) is hiring in April 2013, for Dubai, United Arab Emirates:
– 1 Team Leader Java Developer – 6 years + of relevant professional experience in Java Development, knowledge of the Hybris e-Commerce platform and Spring framework
– 2 Senior Java Developers – 5 years + of relevant professional experience in Java Development, Hybris & Spring framework is a must
– 2 Senior Java Developers – 4 years + of relevant professional experience in Java Development, Spring framework is a must
– 2 Mid Java Developers – 2.5 years of relevant professional experience in Java Development, Spring framework is a must
The Landmark Group is a multi billion dollar retail and hospitality conglomerate in the Middle East and India. Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, the group’s companies comprise 25 businesses with 1200 retail stores across 15 countries.
This position is to join the Web Team, an emerging division of the Landmark Group, as a Java developer on our eCommerce platform at http://www.landmarkshops.com
If you are passionate about design and technology, are a team player, hate to lose and interested in joining a fast-growing start-up within one of the most reputable organizations in the Middle East, this is the place for you! Extra points if you’re good at pool or table tennis (yes we have these in our offices!)
This is YOU:
- Min. 2.5 years of relevant professional experience in Java Development using Agile development methodology
- Min. 2 years of in depth experience with web based/e-commerce applications
- Experience with HTML, JSP, TagLibs, XML and AJAX
- Strong with SQL (Oracle DB), JDBC and ORM tools. Hibernate and JPA are an assets
- Experience with web application servers – Tomcat preferred
- Experience with Source Versioning and unit testing (jUnit)
- Familiarity with application frameworks (Spring), build automation (Ant) and Web Services (REST)
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought out solutions
- Problem solving with a high level of self-motivation and initiatives, and you are an excellent team player
Additionally, we’d be thrilled if you also have:
- Working knowledge of the Hybris e-Commerce platform (huge plus)
- Possession of one or more Java certifications (Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Java Developer, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Solr search engine
These are you job responsibilities:
- Design and implement scalable, highly available and user friendly web components for the existing e-Commerce application using all the necessary development tools.
- Analyze/Provide technical solutions to optimise and improve the existing application functionalities.
- Follow the company code conventions based on the official Java coding standards as well as software development best practices (Design Patterns, N-Tiers architecture).
- Estimate work efforts required of the Java team for each phase of a project, and stick to these estimates.
- Collaborate with the other team members throughout the development life-cycle.
- Develop proof-of-concepts (R&D) in collaboration with the architectural team.
- Collaborate with business and product owners to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Mentor junior team members in Java and Object Oriented programming best practices, and participate in code reviews
This is US:
- We’re a young, growing Web Team of 65 within a 40,000 strong, $4.7 billion leading retail and hospitality conglomerate
- We’re headquartered in Dubai, UAE
- We’re dead serious about design and the UX — they always go first
- We’ve already redesigned 13 websites for our Group
- We’ve just launched a major online retail business and already interconnected our key Group applications together at http://www.landmarkshops.com
- Our salaries are competitive while our benefits are some of the best in the industry
- We have an awesome open-plan office with plenty of natural light and lofty ceilings
- We’re 99% Mac and 1% Windows (it’s all about balance)
- We have a table tennis and pool table, with competitive players to match
- We’re a fun bunch and love things like team drinks, lunches, dinners and quality downtime
Competitive TAX FREE salary;
Visa and plane ticket – provided by the employer;
Open ended contract;
Other benefits except salary–
1. Performance based bonus averaging 15% of the total salary. This is subject to individual and team performance.
2. Settling allowance to furnish the house
3. Medical and inpatient reimbursements for self, spouse and 2 children below 21 years
4. Annual tickets for self, spouse and 2 children below 21 years
5. Fuel Card (For people in band B7 upwards)
6. Gratuity as per the labor law
7. Pre paid SIM card plus 60 AED allowance per month (Band 7 upwards)
8. Annual rental assistance at zero percent interest
9. 30 days annual leave plus 15 days full pay sick leave. Additionally, for sick leave, there are 30 days half pay and 45 days leave without pay.
10. At the time of joining, the company will arrange for the employment visa, hotel stay for 21 days and transport to the office and back during this period.
11. 20% staff discount on most of the Landmark brands
If you are interested in one of these positions, please send us your resume in English at firstname.lastname@example.org.